LEVEL 1 Prerequisites: Triathlon Ireland member (non race licence minimum). Over 18 years of age Completed TRI Leader course Pre-Course work: Prior to Day 1 of the course, participants are given access to the ITU online
Triathlon Ireland member (non race licence minimum).
Over 18 years of age
Completed TRI Leader course
Pre-Course work: Prior to Day 1 of the course, participants are given access to the ITU online learning hub. There is a substantial amount of pre-course reading and online quiz’s to be completed prior to the course.
Duration: 3 days. One weekend and a Saturday or Sunday 3-4 weeks later. The 3rdday of the course is the assessment day. Participants are assessed while coaching either a Swim, Bike or Run practical session for 10-15 minutes. October 6th and 7th and the 3rd of November 2018.
- What is Coaching
- Coaching Safely
- Coaching skills
- Swim/Bike/Run theory
- Swim/Bike/Run practical
- Intro to conditioning sessions
- Session Planning
Cost: €350 pp Fee covers: – fee is paid through Finding our Way funded through International Fund for Ireland.
- Tutor fee. This includes tutor support and feedback in the intervening weeks between day 2 and day 3.
- Pool, room, facility hire.
- Access to ITU online learning system.
- Coaching Insurance.
Level 1 remit: The Level 1 coach is qualified and insured to do the following unsupervised:
- Plan and coach a club session within the ratio guidelines of the ‘Safety Guidelines for Club Sessions’ document in the following scenarios:
Closed road bike
Track or enclosed run session.
- Plan and lead an uncoached club session in the following scenarios:
Adult open road
Adult open water swim
- Plan and lead or coach a junior session in the following scenarios (once safeguarding requirements are complete and ratios adhered to).
Closed road bike and run
Location: Fermanagh Lakeland Forum, Enniskillen
october 6 (Saturday) - 7 (Sunday)
Fermanagh Lakeland Forum
Finding Our Way